Aviah Cohen Pierson is a dedicated mother, daughter, and community supporter of the town of Yorktown. She was raised in Yorktown and attended Yorktown schools. She and her husband, Robert Pierson, returned to Yorktown to raise their two daughters in Yorktown. Their young daughters both attend Brookside Elementary School.
Aviah has practiced law as a litigator in both state and federal courts, and she has served as a court attorney in the New York State Unified Court System. As a court attorney, she mediated disputes in foreclosure proceedings and handled motion practice. Aviah now serves as General Counsel and Senior Director of Human Resources for ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP, a large medical practice that operates in forty clinical locations throughout New York and New Jersey. As General Counsel, she oversees litigation and corporate matters, and handles a wide array of legal issues. She also appears in local courts on behalf of the company.
Aviah is currently the Treasurer of the Brookside PTA, a Democratic District Leader, and is a former member of the Yorktown Ethics Board. Her parents, Jeffrey and Naomi Cohen, still reside in Yorktown. Her brother, Yoni Cohen, also resides in Yorktown with his wife Angie Cohen, and their son, Jordan Cohen.
- Fordham University School of Law (JD) member of the Fordham Law Review
- The University of Pennsylvania (BA) Summa Cum laude
- Bar of the State of New York (2006)
- United States Supreme Court (2009)
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York (2006)
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Yorktown Bar Association
- Justice Brandeis Law Society